Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What A Fantastic Weekend!!!


Normally my weekends start out pretty slow and dull. It consists of leaving work somewhere between 5 and 6, make my boring ride home, on the way pick up the pizza that my Mom ordered (it's always "Pizza Friday's"), then I sit at home until I find something to do.....which normally means driving all the way back down to Parsippany/Morristown. But, this weekend started out spontaneous and just absolutely amazing!

After dragging my feet around the mall for a little while, and not deciding on anything to get my sister for her birthday I finally decide to leave. On the way back to the house, I decide that I want to grab a bite to eat. After a long while of thinking of what I could eat I think to myself...."You know what I can really go for......some Sheetz!" This is where it gets good!

For any of you poor poor individuals, who do not have the privilege of knowing the taste of a Sheetz MTO sandwich, I pity you! Sheetz is basically a WaWa on major steroids! Open 24 hrs, with unpleasant people working the counters and making mouth watering sandwiches, shmuffins, schmagels, and young dreams come true!

So, I start to head out on 80 West towards Wilkes-Barre, PA (this is the closest one that I know about). With Sheetz on the mind and excitement on my taste buds I race out that way in anticipation. Not only am I going to get some of my fav food ever, but I will see some of my great friends too!

After the 1 1/2 hr trip out to the WB (Wilkes-Barre) I stop at Wal-Mart to grab some necessities for the night. While pulling into the parking lot I look at all the natives of NEPA that are at Wal-Mart on a Friday night at 9:oo P.M. and I tell myself, "God, I love being in NEPA, it makes me feel so much better about myself", haha. After grabbing some clothes to sleep in, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, etc. I head to the self check-out lanes, in hopes that they will be quicker and I can get to Sheetz sooner.

As I are standing on line, in the slow "express" lane, I look to the lane next and just start to laugh. There stands a man in his late 50's/early 60's with long blond hair and a white undershirt that is too tight to fit over his nasty belly and love handles.....it looks like a flesh covered inner tube wrapped around a degenerate hippie. The thing is, is that this is not even the worst part. Right where a "tramp stamp" would me on a girl, this guy had 2 pink lightning bolts on either side, with a red lip stick mark and a huge "B" in the middle with the words "BLOND BITCH" coming from it! HAHAHA.....I couldn't stop laughing. Just before trying to catch this moment on camera, he leaves his line and out of Wal-Mart, but etched into my poor minds forever, haha.

Once I leave that lovely experience at Wal-Mart, I head to the main reason for coming to PA....SHEETZ!!! As if I was there the day before, I walk in and don't break a beat in ordering my sandwich. I receive my sandwich's and head to the next destination....one of my favorite destinations.....my bar, Senuna's.

From the second I crossed the border into PA I had been calling/texting people to let them know of my visitation for the night. Several of my friends met up with us at the bar....Jayme, Jim, Rachael, (who "Princess" had already known...which was weird, but def cool) Kenny, and Kylene and of course Dave, who were both working.

After several drinks, a game of shuffle board, and several hours of catching up with some of my best friends, we all head our separate ways....Jayme and Jim home together, Dave and Ky to finish cleaning the bar for the night, and I head to join Rachael (Carlos's gf) who has offered to let me stay at her place for the night.

Once I wake from a great night of sleep, Rachael and I head over to Carlos', since he did not meet up with us the night before. We get to his place and, as always, he is still sleeping, but wakes enough to tell us about his night of running through one of the State Parks in nothing more than his "birthday suit"....hahaha, nothing surprises me about him, anymore.

On my way back to NJ, I make one last stop at Sheetz again to grab some breakfast sandwich's......God, I love that place!

No comments: