Sunday, October 19, 2008

(sigh) Fall (sigh)

Over the past week, Laura and I have been planning out our Saturday adventure. It sucks with me working on Sundays, so that means we have to enjoy Saturdays to the fullest. We decided towards the beginning of the week that we were going to have a Fall Date and enjoy the season to the fullest.

After sleeping in (that is enjoying the season, right?) we get up and make breakfast for ourselves. Some taylor ham and egg on an english muffin! (She really knows the way to my heart.....my fat heart!) We next head out on our trip out to the country to pick some apples.

With the smell of the fallen leaves and smiles on our faces because we know we will get to act young again and pick apples with smiles on our face, we head up to Newton to the farm. Just as we park and start walking towards our final destination, a man comes over and asks if we were there for the apple picking. We of course, shake our heads and say "yes". Then, our of his mouth comes, "Sorry, but we are done for the season". Apparently in 2 weekends all their apples were picked! We had just missed the last trip out there by 1 hour! Damn it!

Even though they didn't have apples for us to pick, there were still apples inside that they had picked already. So, we grabbed some apples, some fresh 100% natural apple cider (banging), and some apple donuts (the fatty I am). We purchase our fall fruit and etc. and head back onto the road. Since that took us no time, what-so-ever, we wanted to hit up a winery, but there was none in the area, so we decided to just head back to my house with some wine and sit outside and enjoy the leaves.

On our way back, Laura and I, took the nice long scenic route. All I could think of was the fact that I hated when my parents did this when I was young, but now I happily enjoy it.

At home, we drink some wine eat some pizza and enjoy some YouTube videos.

We then come up with the great idea to head to Wal-Mart and find an outdoor fireplace. We purchase one, put it together in the dark, and I start a fire as we sit outside, drink some more wine and enjoy the cool weather. Definitely enjoying that every weekend before it start snowing. It was definitely a great call on Laura's part.

No comments: