Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Can't Wait To Get My Fix!

For many people they go through times that they are addicted to something, whether good for them or not. There are the stereotypical people who, in their college years, become addicted to experimenting with drugs or to alcohol. To others, they can be addicting to something as good as a gym and working out. Some crazy people, will exercise for hours on end....believe me, I see it everyday now with working at a gym.

With me, however, I have an addiction that people would think that I am insane for....even more insane then for being addicted to cocaine. At least for an addiction like that, they have clinics. But, for someone who is addicted to the thrill and exhilaration of skydiving, there is nothing to do to help me.

From the first moment that I leaped from that small single engine plane and felt the freedom of flying and becoming one of the few thousand who have touched a cloud from 10,000+ feet, I have become addicted. It is something that I cannot wait to do again. I know that with taking repetitive risk I increase my chances of falling to my death, but please, you only live once. I have seen enough lives fall short, and the saddest thing is that they were never able to accomplish things they always wanted to do in their life.

I want to be able to look back on my life, when I on my death bed, and be able to say that I am happy with my life. There is not one thing that I to miss in this short time that I have on this planet.

I absolutely cannot wait to jump again. I am actually starting to get a little depressed with the fact that I won't be able to jump again for a little while. Not only because it is getting colder out, but also because of financial reason. It really is not a cheap addiction to have! This is why I am also picking up surfing. For someone who is not the best with his balance, or even the best over all swimmer, it will be a challenge, but that is what I am looking for. I am looking for something to challenge my body, my mind and my over all being.

1 comment:

Mb said...

soon my friend...soon. Long Live Labido!