Thursday, September 18, 2008

Surfing?!?!?

My Friend Tomorrow

The great thing about working at the spa is the fact that I get off on Fridays and Saturdays. The shitty part is the fact that there is normally no one around to enjoy Fridays with! Thankfully Dave, my brother-in-law, has recently lost his job and has nothing better to do on Fridays then to hang out with me!

For weeks now he has been wanting to bring me down to the beach to teach me how to surf, but every week there has either been bad weather or something has come up and we haven't been able to go. Alas, Friday has arrived again, the weather is looking great, the waves are supposed to be good and I have watched my fix of "How to surf" videos on YouTube.

So, tomorrow with wet suit leaving nothing to the imagination, and surf board under my arm, I will run into the cold Northern Atlantic Ocean to tackle the waves in one sport that I have yet to attempt. The easy sports: football, basketball, baseball are all checked off the list. The fun sports: beer pong, flip cup, eating contests, CHECK! Then there are the insane sports that I have recently been intrigued by. Skydiving being the first checked off the list. Next up is surfing and then who knows what.

As long as I survive tomorrow, I will blog about my tale. Hopefully I will be able to get my fat, uncoordinated ass up on the board without letting my sucky balance knock me off all day. Please remember me tomorrow morning when you are all at work and I am surfing (hopefully) the waves and "hanging 10"......does saying that make it easier to surf?

1 comment:

Mb said...

LOLs you'll be fine. I can't believe in our tenure as friends, my brother and I never taught you to surf. That was like challenge #347, accomplished a few years ago.