Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh, How I Hate The King



As someone who is doing the best he can to lose weight and get in great shape in order to run marathons and hopefully participate in triathlons one day I have become a much better eater recently. I have gone ahead and cut out soda, cut out a lot of the snacks I use to inhale all the time (cookies, ice cream, sweets), steered clear of late night snacks and have declined the periodic 2nd slice of pizza or moderate serving of mac & cheese.

One thing that is really tough is having a very busy schedule and still being able to eat well. Even though people make fun of me at work, I make my lunch almost every day and bring it in my little cooler. Some days however there is just not enough time to prepare a lunch or dinner and I have to sacrifice and have some food at work. The good thing about working at a spa is the fact that at our juice bar we have healthy food. Chicken wraps, salads, protein smoothies, and some other good stuff.

The bad thing with running out of time and having to grab something real quick before work is the fact that eating good means you need time to prepare it. There is no such thing as good fast-food! Sure, McDonald's has its salads and Burger King has its grilled chicken sandwiches, but believe me, they really aren't the best things for you.

I had the worst experience with BK this morning, which means the King and I are going to have to take a break for a while. After running some errands this morning, with Dave, for our company, I had barely enough time to get my ass to work, but yet, I still had not eaten any lunch. First place I see is a Burger King. The inviting red and blue colors with the play-place staring at me through the windows as I sat there at a red light made me finally crack and pull into the drive-thru.

As anyone who does not frequent fast food places, especially early in the day, seeing the fact that the breakfast sandwiches are still up on the board is like finding a giant gold nugget in the toilet after having the worst battle with your rear end! With happiness in my voice and my stomach screaming for the tasty goodness, I order a #2 and a black coffee with 2 sugars. Ah, yes, the Croissanwich w/ Sausage, Egg & Cheese!!! This is kick-ass!

After ordering the lady says something and gives me the total, but I don't care. Aliens could be attacking right now, but as long as I get my croissanwich I would die a happy human! I pull up, give the lady (I use the term "Lady" in a lose fashion), she gives me change and I take my coffee and my bag of delicious wonderment!

As I am driving off I reach in to start nibbling on some hash browns. I pull out my hand and I just have a handful of french fries......FRENCH FRIES!!! WTF! She game me french fries with my breakfast sandwich. What's the matter with this "lady"?!?!?

I figure, it's ok. I still have my sandwich. I reach in and pull out this huge sandwich, all wrapped up. I never remember the b-fast sandwiches being this big? Huh? Slowly opening the wrapper, since I am driving, and all I see is lettuce....tomatoe...onion...WTF...bun....huge hamburgers!!! Nooooooooo!!! Where is my croissanwich!

Apparently, since it was right on the cusp of 11:00 AM the sign on the drive-thru had not changed yet and when I ordered a "#2" instead of my croissanwich #2, I got the gigantic, heart attack, double whopper with cheese #2, which comes with a nasty layer of fatty cholesterol between all the onions/pickles and thick layers of cheese!

With 3 bites in my stomach, I nearly yacked from fast food intake. So, as of right now, Mr. King of the fast-food, I am mad at you and your fellow "lady" employee!

Worst part of it all....I still want my DAMN CROISSANWICH!!!!

1 comment:

Mb said...

B, lol, you made my morning with this tale. To effin funny. You should know better. Bfast sandwiches after 11 are always too good to be true. Shoulda gone to Dunkin Donuts drive thru on Rt 23 South.