Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dark Knight

What might end up being one of the greatest releases for any movie, The Dark Knight is hitting theatres tonight at 12:01. At this very moment, movie theaters across the country are getting ready for the multiple showings that they are going to have tonight.

From everything that I have heard, throughout the amount of hype that this picture has received, I believe that this movie will not disappoint. With Christopher Nolan returning as director from Batman Begins, and Christian Bale returning as the infamous Bat, this is looking to make an even larger box office hit then the last.

Also joining the cast, includes Maggie Gyllenhaal as Bruce Wayne's love interest, the late Heath Ledger playing the Joker, and Aaron Eckhart playing Harvey Dent (can we say sequel).

For as unfortunate as it is with the passing of Heath Ledger, I believe that it has also given the movie even more hype and mystery. To play the role of the Joker, Heath had to step into the shoes of a psychopath and seriously disturbed individual. Unfortunately it seems as if the role that would have been his monumental break through was actually the one that killed him.

Even with his passing, there has been constant talk about Heath receiving an Oscar nomination, and that he will receive the award with no competition. He would be only the 2nd individual to receive this nomination after passing away.

I am still up in the air about Heath receiving the Oscar, because I have not seen the film yet. But, from everything that I hear and the fact that Batman Begins is one of my favorite movies ever, I can't see how this movie can disappoint.

Once I see The Dark Knight (believe me, it should be in the next 48 hrs) I will certainly let all of you know what I thought. Plus, check it out for yourself.

No comments: