Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Training My Ass Into Shape Other Than Chubby


Over the past several weeks I have been getting my lazy, out of shape ass out there running and losing some of the flab that has attached itself to me since I have stopped being active. Being an athlete all of my life.....starting with soccer, baseball, basketball, football, track & field.....I have always been working out, running, and keeping in pretty good shape. Then, I went to college and it went all down hill. Every once in a while I would pretend that I was still an athlete by playing intramural basketball or the occasional run, but I knew better. All the beer and late night Sheetz had been my down fall. For as good as that all is I started packing on the poundage and I remember tipping the scales at around 220!!!


Well, I graduated several years ago and I still have not been doing anything to get back into shape. So, with a little encouragement from friends who have been doing the best they can to get themselves back into their pre-college bodies, I have picked up a new work out program. Not having a Y or any type of gym to close to my home....and the unfortunate fact that I don't have a job right now to pay for a membership.....I have been running several miles everyday, along with sit-ups, push-ups, and a ghetto version of the P 90 X routine for my abs.


I am happy to say that I am certainly seeing an improvement....slowly, but surely. For the first time, since High School, I have weighed in less then 200 lbs. I actually weighed myself earlier and I came in at 195.00.


I still have some work to do....another 15-20 lbs to lose and a bit more distance to add on to my running. All of this is leading up to a half marathon run that I am planning on running in Sept with my rockstar friend. Everyday that I go running I curse her name, but I certainly dont mean it. I just need someway to vent, because God knows he did not give me a body built for distance. In all of the sports I have played I have only done sprints. The most I use to run was for football, and that was only doing 2 laps around the football field. So, as you can tell, the fact that I am able to run 5 miles right now is a huge accomplishment. But, I have to keep losing the weight and keep the distance going if I am going to be able to finish this race!

1 comment:

Mb said...

Fatty McGoo, good luck!!!! I def support you (and suffer along side).